Business Blogs for International professionals
Business Blogs for English Learners
1. AllBusiness.com http://www.allbusiness.com/2984958-1.html This blog is written by expert entrepreneur bloggers all of whom offer advice on a host of issues, analysis of business trends and general business commentary. English learners will find a wealth of business vocabulary and concepts here.
2. Danny Brown http://dannybrown.me/blog/ English learners who are also business consultants will like this blog written by an experienced business consultant. English learners will get a lot of business vocabulary.
3. Guy Kiyosaki http://blog.guykawasaki.com This guy is a millionaire entrepreneur (and Donald Trump crony) who writes a blog about “how to change the world.”
4. Harvard Business Review http://blogs.hbr.org/ This blog by Harvard is great for international business professionals who are also English learners because it offers great insights into business issues, commentary and analysis. Also, sophisticated vocabulary, and sentence and grammar structures.
5. LinkedIn Today http://www.linkedin.com/today The blog is all about offering information on building business relationships and networks. Great for English learners both from a linguistic and professional perspective.
6. Pando Daily http://pando.com “Sarah Lacy Founder and Editor-in-chief Sarah Lacy is the founder and editor-in-chief of PandoDaily. She is an award winning journalist and author of two critically acclaimed books, “Once You’re Lucky, Twice You’re Good: The Rebirth of Silicon Valley and the Rise of Web 2.0″ (Gotham Books, May 2008) and “Brilliant, Crazy, Cocky: How the Top 1% of Entrepreneurs Profit from Global Chaos” (Wiley, February 2011). She has been covering technology news for over 15 years, most recently as a senior editor for TechCrunch.”
7. Penelope Trunk http://blog.penelopetrunk.com “Penelope Trunk is an American businesswoman, author, and blogger. Her work focuses on the intersection of work and life.” Learners might like to know that, “Penelope Trunk founded four startups. Her most recent is Quistic. Her career advice runs in 200 newspapers. She lives on a farm in Wisconsin and homeschools her sons.”
8. Pioneer Woman http://thepioneerwoman.com This is a great blog for English learners especially business women. In the words of the blogger: “I’m a desperate housewife. I live in the country. I channel Lucille Ball, Vivien Leigh, and Ethel Merman. Welcome to my frontier!”
9. Quora https://www.quora.com This format is great for English learners. Here is a description from Wikipedia: “Quora is a question-and-answer website where questions are created, answered, edited and organized by its community of users. The company was founded in June 2009, and the website was made available to the public on June 21, 2010.”
10. Seth Godin http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog This guy is a master marketing, blogger and author and not only will you learn English, you will also great business advice.
11. Steve Blank http://steveblank.com/about English learners will be impressed with Steve Blank’s wealth of knowledge about business issues. Great business vocabulary but also great content learning as well. Here are some words from Steve: “Put to a vote, I might have been chosen “least likely to succeed” in my New York City high school class. My path has taken me from repairing fighter planes in Thailand during the Vietnam War (a member of the Society of Wild Weasels), to spook stuff in undisclosed location(s), and I was lucky enough to arrive at the beginning of the boom times of Silicon Valley in 1978.”
12. SBSIB Small Business Society International Blog http://smallbizsociety.blogspot.fr/ This fun blog was written by Marion TD Lewis, one of the founders of English Language Global. It is great for English Language Learners as far as readability, information and relevant content.
error: Content is protected !!