How to Give Your Opinion in English: Examples of What You Can Say and How to Begin Your Sentence
GIVING YOUR OPINION IN ENGLISH:
IDEAS FOR HOW TO BEGIN YOUR SENTENCES WHEN YOU WANT TO TELL SOMEONE YOUR OPINION IN ENGISH
Giving your opinion in English can take several different tones.
- You can express a strong opinion.
- You can express an opinion that is based on your own personal beliefs.
- You an express an opinion that is based on the general opinions of others.
- You can also express an opinion using language that is non-committal or even cautious to protect yourself based on the situation.
Below you will find some examples of how you might START your sentence when you want to give your opinion in English. This is not an exhaustive list in the sense that there are many, many other possibilities.
- I know for a fact that
- It is painfully obvious that
- I am completely convinced that
- I am absolutely convinced
- I am convinced beyond doubt that
- It is incontrovertible that
- No one can argue that
- Everyone knows that
- As a matter of fact
- I have no doubt that
- I believe strongly that
- As far as I am concerned
- I sort of think that
- I hesitate to say that
- I suppose that
- I guess that
- I don’t know this for a fact but
- I would imagine that
- I am cautiously optimistic that
- I almost want to admit that
- I almost want to say that
- Maybe there is another way to….
- I am not absolutely certain but
- This not necessarily my personal opinion on this matter but
- I personally think that…
- In my personal experience
- As far as I know
- To the extent of my knowlege
- My personal opinion is
- From my point of view
- From my vantage point
- To my way of thinking
- In my rarefied world
- In my humble opinion
- The way I see it it
Objective opinion (based on generalized opinions of others)
- The conventional wisdom seems to be that
- In other people’s opinion
- According to established studies
- I have heard from reputable sources that
- Generally speaking,
- Based on generally accepted principles
- Based on widely held opinions