SELECT THE RIGHT HOMOPHONE FOR THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES
- Did you hear about the rat that was running in the _________________ (hall, haul)
- Josephine likes to eat ____________________ for breakfast every day (serial, cereal)
- I don’t drive because I don’t have a driver’s ___________________ (licence, license)
- Can the mayor’s office _______________ us to get married? (licence, license)
- She has a thriving law________________ (practice, practise)
- My mother likes to receive ____________________ (complements, compliments)
- The school ________________ is unqualified for the job (principal, principle)
- The _______________ in the lawsuit was very convincing. (dissent, descent)
- Did you _____________ this pen from the hotel lobby? (steel, steal)
- The police did a _______________ out for nearly 14 . (stake, steak)
- My sister has a _______________ bike. (stationery, stationary)
- There are four ____________ standing outside. (mails, males)
- ______________ your daddy? (who’s, whose)
- That is part of the _______________ (past, passed)
- To learn English, pratice doing read ____________ (alouds, alloweds)
- She never gave her ___________ to this (assent, ascent)
- She could hear him _________________ (bawl, ball)
- You have _______________ seconds (ate, eight)
- Could you ____________ me a drink? (poor, pore, pour)
- Jack ______________ the ring into the pond. (threw, through)
IDENTIFYING HOMOPHONES. LISTEN TO THE AUDIO AND FILL IN THE BLANKS WITH THE CORRECT SPELLING OF THE HOMOPHONE THEN SELECT THE BEST OF THE 3 RESPONSES TO THE STATEMENT GIVEN.
- I feel ____________________.
A. The Board of directors has voted.
B. Why don’t you go to see a movie.
C. The computer has a motherboard
2. This dress _________________your bag.
B This is a dress that compliments.
C. I think this bag is red.
3. Did you see the _________________?
A. I walk around the woods in bare feet.
C. Let’s drink a beer
4. I told them good _____________.
A. It was a good buy!
B. Can you buy me a good one?
C. That must have been very sad
5. The _______________ is blooming.
A. It is necessary to use the right kind of flour for the cake
B. It is a lovely shade of red!
C. It is made from wheat.
6. Can you ___________________me now?
A. Yes it was over there.
B. Yes I can
C. Why did they come here?
7. How many __________________ does it take to drive from San Francisco to Los Angeles?
A. This was theirs. It is not ours.
B. Our Grandmother lives in Los Angeles.
8. Do you eat ___________________ ?
A. I love to meet people from different cultures.
B. Yes I love it.
C. Sure, I can meet you for lunch.
Listen to the following Audio. Summarize its contents explaining the main idea and using specific details to express what the speaker said.